Colorado is welcoming the Warrior Games back to the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Spring this summer June 1 – 9. More than 250 athletes - active duty service members and veterans - will participate in 11 events representing the U.S. Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force and Special Operations Command, United Kingdom Armed Forces, Australian Defence Force and Canadian Armed Forces. Competition includes archery, road cycling, track and field, shooting, sitting volleyball, swimming, wheelchair basketball and, for the first time in Warrior Games history, indoor rowing, powerlifting and time-trial cycling. What makes this event so incredible is not only are these incredible athletes in service to their countries, but they compete with limitations to their abilities due to injury and illness. Their mental toughness, outstanding agility and determination produces amazing competition that inspires each other, their families and those who are privileged to be part of their journey.
We are looking for volunteers who want to be part of this tremendous event
Our volunteer program has been built to ensure that the highest-level of service is given to the athletes, their families, VIPs, guests and fans attending the 2018 Warrior Games at the US Air Force Academy. The program has been created as a combination of resources including signage and people that all attendees will be greeted with from the moment they join us. Volunteers will be responsible for providing customer service, competition information, directions around the venue and general assistance to all of our guests!
- Honor the service and sacrifice of our nation’s wounded warriors
- Be part of a legacy that brings the Warrior Games to the American public
- Witness a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the athletes and families
- Demonstrate strong community, corporate goodwill and support to service members and their families who volunteered to defend our freedom
- Uniform Shirt – quantity depends on the number of and schedule of shifts
- Lunch or Dinner will be provided as well as break areas and snacks.
- Parking or Transportation to the venue will be provided
- Not included pants, shoes, socks, outerwear.
- It is recommended that all staff wear appropriate clothing for the weather and comfort.